On May 12-13, 2011 the First ASTAOR (Association of Sports Traumatologists, Arthroscopic and Orthopedic Surgeons and Rehabilitologists) International Congress took place in Moscow.
Leading Russian and European specialists took part in the I ASTAOR Congress.
The Congress took an active part one of the leading University departments of traumatology and orthopedics at the peoples' Friendship University, known for its innovative approaches to the treatment of injuries.
One of the pioneering university departments - Trauma and Orthopedics Dpt. at People’s Friendship University of Russia, famous for its innovative approach to injury treatment, actively participated in the Congress. Nikolay Vasilyevich Zagorodny is Professor and Head of the Department.
Professor Andrey V. Korolev was Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the I Congress.
The I ASTAOR Congress is:
- An interesting two-day scientific program at the highest level.
- Reports and lectures of the leading Russian and European specialists.
- "Shoulder Decision Day" training course in surgery on upper extremities.
- The report by French experts on spine surgery.
- A training Russian-French program for operating room nurses.
- Master-classes by leading manufacturers of medical equipment.
- An exhibition of medical instruments and equipment.
- Applications from participants for publication of theses were accepted as part of the Congress.
Congress ASTAOR enabled the participants to stay abreast of new world technologies and advances in medicine. The ASTAOR Congress is a place for open debate on current issues of sports medicine, including rehabilitation and surgery - in the form of seminars, reports, practical courses and symposiums. Congress ASTAOR is the basis of the developing powerful scientific association of physicians at the international level.
As part of the I ASTAOR Congress, an international training course in shoulder surgery jointly with ESSKA was held in Russia for the first time. Also for the first time in our country a training program for operating nurses was held. Leading nurse specialists gave lectures and practical lessons were held in one of the newest Russian operating units - in the EMC. ASTAOR is a community of like-minded doctors, working on pathologies in the locomotor apparatus, with special concern about the problems of people actively involved in sports and professional athletes.
Those who wanted to participate in the I ASTAOR International Congress applied for registration on astaor.ru
Date: May 12-13, 2011.
Address: Red Hills Swissotel, 52/6 Kosmodamianskaya Naberezhnaya, Moscow, 115054.
Back to the list